The Bridging Programme is a 6 week intensive course designed to increase your chances of success in the Foundation Year programme.
The University of Otago Foundation Year Bridging Programme is suitable for you if:
You have an unconditional offer.
- This means that you meet our academic and English Language entry criteria, however, you may fit one or more of the following criteria:
- You have been away from study for more than one year.
- You are beginning subjects that you have not studied before.
- You feel that extra time would help you prepare for Foundation Year.
You have a conditional offer.
- This means that you do not meet our academic and/or English Language entry criteria AND:
- You need to improve your level of English because you have a 5.0 IELTS and need a 5.5 IELTS or a pass in the Upper-Intermediate or Advanced General English course at the University of Otago Language Centre to enter Foundation Year.
- You have the 5.5 IELTS required for entry but your academic grades are 10% less than what is needed for you to enter Foundation Year. You need to take a Bridging Programme.
- You do not have a study background in the stream you have indicated you wish to study.
Arts and Business/Commerce papers
|Course||Weekly time allocation|
|BP601 Academic English||5 - 6 hours|
|BP602 Computing||2 hours|
|BP605 Arts||4 hours|
|BP606 Commerce||10 hours|