QRC pursues ‘Excellence’ through high quality facilities and unique learning environments. QRC House is a fivestorey, boutique building, which opens onto the Queenstown Gardens. Opened in 2005, QRC House is well resourced, comfortable and stylish.
"This is the top-end of tourism education. It would be very difficult to replicate this elsewhere in the country," said Hon. Damien O'Connor, Minister of Tourism at the official opening of Queenstown Resort College (Otago Daily Times, 10 March 2006).
- Conveniently located in downtown Queenstown
- Modern & purpose built classrooms
- Computer Suite
- Resource & Research Library
- Student Café
- Kitchen Demonstration Suite
- Executive Facilities
- Wisenet Student Management System
- Wireless Internet
The QRC Library is an inviting place to study. The Library is available to students, staff and alumni. It is located on level 2 of QRC House and is open 8:00 am - 5:30 pm, Monday - Friday.
- Books and journals relating to QRC courses and programmes.
- General information on New Zealand.
- A collection of local material to showcase the Central Otago and Queenstown Lakes region's culture, food and history.
- Computers are available for research and self-study, and to access catalogues and online databases. The QRC Librarian can help you access relevant information and resources not available in the library.
The QRC cafe is the social hub of the campus. With sofas, daily newspapers, a range of books and magazines, big screen plasma TV and peaceful outlook onto the Queenstown Gardens, it's a fantastic place to relax in between classes.
The Cafe is also open to the public and operates from 8 am in Winter and 7:30 in Summer serving delicious brunches, lunches and snacks, as well as a wide variety of coffees and teas.
The cafe is licensed for those wanting to enjoy a drink and is an ideal space to hold functions. The Cafe also offers out catering services and is able to provide a variety of food options and prices to suit your needs. We can do anything from picnics to working lunches, to cocktail canapés to cakes, deserts, morning and
afternoon teas and lunches.