Welcome to QRC
QRC is New Zealand’s premier Tourism & Hospitality Management College. Whether you aspire to a career in adventure tourism or wish to enter the world of hospitality, QRC will prepare you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to successfully pursue your management career. Through a blended delivery of theory, practical & professional learning, QRC encourages you to:
- Think it. Current and specialist theory delivered by industry and academic experts.
- Do it. Practical learning and structured internships built around individual goals and aspirations.
- Be it. Professional application preparing for a career in Hospitality or Adventure Tourism Management.
A focus on professionalism, continuous improvement and positive outcomes underpins the culture. QRC has a reputation for producing industry-specific management graduates who are the employees of first choice. Additionally, QRC has been classified as a Category 1 Provider by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) and was recognised as the Private Tertiary Provider of the Year in 2014 (ITENZ).
Industry Advisory Board
QRC regularly consults with high level industry representatives from around the Queenstown region. Our Industry Advisory Groups critique the relevancy and delivery of our courses and programmes.
Adventure Tourism Management Advisory Group
- Matt Hollyer - General Manager (Shotover Canyon Swing)
- Michel Marchand - Ski and Snow Director (Coronet Peak/Remarkables Ski Area)
- David Kennedy - Regional General Manager - Southern (Ngai Tahu Tourism)
- John Knight - Owner (Outside Sports)
- Maryann Geddes - Group Manager Human Capital & Compliance (Skyline Enterprises Ltd)
- Greg McIntyre - Manager (Fat Tyres Queenstown)
Hospitality Management Advisory Group
- Claudio Heye - General Manager (Surveyor Thomson Wines Ltd)
- Martin James - Owner Operator (Wai Restaurant, Finz Seafood & Grill, Bella Cucina Italian and Post Office Cafe)
- Lynne McVicar - Advisor for Beswick Holdings Ltd (owner of St Moritz)
- Jim Moore - General Manager (Novotel Lakeside Queenstown)
- Mark Rose - General Manager (Rees Hotel)
- Donna Stewart - General Manager (Heritage Queenstown)
- Chris Ehmann – General Manager (Hilton Queenstown)